Wednesday, April 27, 2011

radio sucks

Radio sucks. Not that there is anything wrong with the concept, and if you're into that, that's cool, but really. Radio sucks. Unless you want to change the station every thirty minutes, you're doomed to listen to the same 15 or 20 songs over and over again, even the stations that claim to be progressive and to play only the best rock/pop/metal/whateverthefuckuyoulike it's still the same shit over and over again. I guess it's the politics involved in programming, and the fact that for a station to survive it needs good ratings, and they are scared that lesser known bands and b-sides aren't going to provide enough interest to sustain ratings. I don't fault stations for this, but don't call yourself an independent, progressive station and then fall into the same old trap. give me something new. give me something exciting. give me something i haven't heard. i love my music on my ipod, and i can listen to that all day long, and usually do, but when i need it, radio fails me.

No comments:

Post a Comment