Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lillian Todd-Jones



Through the years there have been a lengthening list of women singer/songwriter types as well as rock and roll vixens who have blown me away with the force of their performances, or at least the strength of their vision and ability to construct a song that makes me think, and impresses me to the point of digging deeper into their catalog.  Women in music who inspire and impress me are the likes of Joni Mitchell, Suzanne Vega, Fiona Apple, Aja Volkman, Patsy Cline, Joan Jett and Roberta Flack.  There are more for sure, but those are the names that stick out with me at the moment, and adding to this distinguished list is Lillian Todd-Jones.  The track Butter Soul is nothing short of brilliant!  The Structure and vocals are a haunting mix of pain and ambition that make me think that this young woman is poised for greatness.  I look forward to hearing what she has to offer in the future.  Dig it...  I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment