Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Death Cab for Cutie

For a considerably long time now, I have actively avoided Death Cab for Cutie. I assumed that I wouldn't like them. I think that at one point I heard a song that I probably thought was trite, or too poppy, or someone that I didn't like liked them. For some reason, I fought the idea of even giving them a chance. I would hear people talk about them, people who's oppinion I respected, and still shrug it off, and give it the "yea, yea. I know, death cab. right right." not saying that I didn't like them exactly, but not entertaining the discusion which if you know me, is kinda strange in and of itself. But in the last couple of months I started listening to bits and pieces of thier catalog. Tonight I bought the record Narrow Stairs; all I can say is BRILLIANT!!! I don't know why it took me so long, but I'm a convert man! It's got all the elements, it's progressive yet traditional. There's amazing storytelling, coupled with awesome structure. It's sort of a pain in the ass though, I mean now I'm goin gto have to go and listen to their whole body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment