Saturday, September 25, 2010

I don't like being a music snob, I really don't. I am a firm believer in the idea that what you like is never wrong, or bad. Like wine, I feel like you should listen to what you want and not worry about what anyone else says. It doesn't have to please anyone but you. I say like wine, because there are so many people who are concerned about what other people tell them is "good" without thinking for themselves and just trying a couple of things and determining what they like and going from there. Just because someone who's supposed to be an expert says one thing is better than another doesn't really mean anything at all! This all being said I always find myself judging people based on what they listen to. My brother in law only listens to jam band stuff, specifically Dicky Betts, and Allman Brothers and stuff like that. Not that there is really anything wrong with that, but that's all he listens to. I also found myself scoffing at my best friends girlfriend for telling me she likes the Backstreet Boys. If that's what you're into, that's totally cool! I have no right to belittle anyone for their taste in music, or art, or books, or wine. all of these things are totally subjective and shouldn't be dictated by one source or authority. listen to what you want, like what you want. the point is enjoyment isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment