Friday, February 18, 2011

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

There are some bands that I listen to on a regular basis that I'm totally in awe of. I'm totally in awe of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I will passively sit and listen to them and enjoy the experience. I will be happy and I will sing along, because I know all the words. And then there are other times that I feel utterly defeated when I listen to them because I know that I will never be able to write a song as well as Alec Ounsworth. It's completely humbling, and quite depressing for that matter. There are other bands that I feel this way about to a degree, but none that really compare to CYHSY. I'm not really sure why, I mean Modest Mouse and Death Cab For Cutie are two that come to mind as far as song writing and lyrics and painting a verbal picture, but none of them have ever really depressed me like CYHSY... just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment