Saturday, July 31, 2010

Free Energy

I'm getting a bit sick of only talking about bands that I like, so after I talk about Free Energy, I'm going to actively look for a band that everyone loves and that I hate and talk about how much I hate them. I promise. But for now I want to talk just a little about Free Energy. They aren't setting the world on fire, and they aren't reinventing the wheel. They aren't experimental or edgy in any stretch of the imagination. What they are is a really good throw back band reminiscent of 70's arena rockers like Cheap Trick and Thin Lizzy. dripping with bravado and attitude they are a fun band to listen to and dance to. Nothing really all that special, just really good fun music. If it makes any difference to anyone, the record was produced by James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem fame. I read some reviews of these guys on line and saw that there are a lot of people who have a real distaste for them, and i'm not really sure where that comes from. As I said, they're not an indie/progressive art band trying to impress a very small group of elitist audiophiles, they are a feel good rock and roll band looking to make people happy. that's it. take it for what it is and enjoy the tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment