Sunday, July 11, 2010

modest mouse

I love modest mouse. I don't care about anyone of my friends who make fun of them, and when I say them, they're not really talking about them as a band or musicians, but their fan base. Whenever I make any comment about liking modest mouse i hear any number of criticisms. most of them having something to do with moving to Brooklyn and wearing flannel. That's cool, I don't really care that much. I don't think that I could really be mistaken for a brooklyn hipster, but I do have to say, that from what I understand, I have the same taste in music as some of those dopes. I will have to say that I tend to like what I like and take a lot of pride in likeing things that other people haven't heard about yet. I like being on the forefront of the musical scope. Not that Modest Mouse is really on the forefront any more, but the lisping growl of the vocals really gets me. I think that it's totally great. I sometimes feel myself talking with a bit of a lisp because of this. The instrumentation combined with the very distinct lyrics and songwriting make Modest Mouse a band that needs more attention than it's getting. they are a band that needs more people paying attention. I will admit that there is some of their music that is a little too avant garde for most of the listening public, but I can't stop listening. from The Lonesome Crowded West to We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, they are an amazing band in need of some serious attention

No comments:

Post a Comment