Sunday, September 4, 2011

Los Campesinos

There is a recent trend, or perhaps not so recent, but I seem to be digging a certain kind of brit-pop, but really, I think that it's really the only brit-pop out there at the moment.  When it comes to other types of music, when everything sounds the same I get annoyed, and turned off, but of late I am really liking a couple of bands that if you aren't familiar with them you would think that they are the same band.  To name a few I would say Arctic Monkeys, The Wombats, The Kooks, A Band of Bees and the band I'm talking about tonight, Los Camesinos.  They have the whiney angry young man vibe and all seem to be reared by the early days of The Who, The Kinks and The Clash, but make it more contemporary pop and less blues based, but they all seem to have a great time making silly feel good music that's easy to dance to.  Ultimately they aren't anything special, but they are fun, and have really witty songwriting.  Once you start listening to them you can hear distinct differences, but any way you look at it, it's wicked pop stickiness.  But I do like Los Campesinos, and the fact that they are keen on the glockenspiel.  I don't think that there is enough glockenspiel in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment