Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lzy Sldr III : Blackoups

Lzy Sldr III : Blackoups
Love as Laughter is without a doubt one of my absolute favorite new acts out there. Ever since I got the album Laughters Fifth, I gotta say that I've been kinda hooked. But of course, I'm really interested in Sam Jayne's brand of do-it-yourself indie pop, as evidenced in some of the other bands I'm really into (e.g. Say Hi... formerly Say Hi To Your Mom...) Anyway, like most music for me, the more I listen the more I like. I love the range that Love as Laughter has, as far as the ease in which they dance gently between sweet acoustic ballads, punk rock gems and even quasi electronica. I tend to respect bands that have range, and I think I've said it before but while there are some bands that I like that have zero range, I can't really put my whole heart and soul behind them. I have more to say on this, but I'm running out of time, and I have to get out of here. LATE LATE LATE.
Nice work Sam Jayne, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment