Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ports of Spain

I stumbled upon a band today that has really blown my hair back.  And what makes it so much sweeter is that they're from CT, so that I will have plenty of opportunities to see them live.  The band is called Ports of Spain, and they have an EP out called Winters Teeth and I'm quite impressed.  Very melodic with spot on musicianship.  The arrangements are fluid and make sense.  While they remind me of several bands, they are at the same time very unique.  They have the polish of a top 40 pop band, but the sensibility of an indie shoegazer type outfit.  I am dying to catch them live, to see if their sound translates well to a live show.  I think that these guys have a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing what they do going forward.  I see them picking up where Death Cab for Cutie leaves off.  I highly recommend these guys, and I will let you know how  are live, after I check them out at the end of the month.



1977411001-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment